Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday

People say that Wednesday is hump day. No no, don't get the wrong idea, it's nothing dirty... hump day, as in it's the day of the week that you get the most amount of work done. Yup.... I got the most amount of work done today, all of 10 mins! Hmm.... I get paid too much to just sit here. I watched this dreadful movie called Clockwatchers. That almost really could've been written about me. I feel so bad, so guilty, so useless. I need a new job.

Oh, there's nothing in particular I wanted to write about, just wanted to practice typing really....
Today we received 2 postcards from my sister who is in France right now. Beautiful postcards. She had done a bit of travelling around France during mid-semester break, sounds like she had a great time. The reason why I'm telling this story is because my mum, being the mother of a doofus, is herself a doofus, didn't realise that the postcards were for us. She saw the name 'Taxi & Family' and consequently just assumed it was delivered to the wrong address cos we don't have anyone called 'Taxi & Family' living here. Dad had to explain to her that Lulu had actually addressed her postcards to the dog before the family..... *sigh* we are such a doofus family.

Well... I think tomorrow I will be surfing the net looking like I'm hard at work. A girl at work asked me how old I am..... I really wanted to tell her, truly I did! But my mouth just wouldn't work - everytime I try to say it, I just start gagging.... the best I can do is to tell people I am now 20-something. Goodness knows what I will do when I will one day no longer be 20-something :( What will I say then? Should I just keep quiet?? I am ageless? :)

A thought for the future. Right now, I live for the moment.

2 comments:

la la luce said...

oh no! silly mummy... hey can you find a way to post up the postcards? i don't remember what i've sent where... :P

Tallandshort said...

I'll try to take a pic of the postcards....