Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I had a bad day

This is me again. I think I should've written something about Chris and the supposedly amazing U2 concert on Sunday...... but, considering everybody and their dog has been talking non-stop about U2, Bono, Make Poverty History concert, U2 concert, how great Bono is, the so-damn-good -it's-unbelievable 'U-Jam' Keep on Rocking in the free world collaboration..... yeah, I think they don't need me to give them any more publicity. That and the fact that I wasn't actually there makes it difficult to write about....

So what can I write about? Well.... my bad day at work is a start, I was actually there! :) I don't know who would actually care about my bad day at work, even when I was telling Chris about it tonight he wasn't paying attention to me.

Anyways, it's my blog and I blog what I want to, so here goes....

It started off with getting stuck in traffic on Flinders St, which, considering the traffic the last few days, wasn't so bad today but still it made me late for work. Then, I head on to Elizabeth St, get on the tram and wait and wait and wait.... and the tram doesn't move. Why? I hear you ask.... Well, something about the tram's batteries.... yeah, it f**cked up or something. Great, I'm already late and this has to bloody happen to me. So off the tram I get, head upto to Swanston St to catch one of the other many trams that head to the University, and we get stuck behind a parallel parking BUS! Then, there are some fire trucks we had to give way to, so that's more lateness.

By the time I get to work it was nearly 9:30am. Not that anybody noticed.

And my office was SO DAMN HOT! Being 36 degrees yesterday and heating up to 36 again today didn't help things. My office is freezing cold in Winter and like an oven in Summer. Today, it was like an oven, even with the air-con on, my office is stuffy and hot. Very uncomfortable.

I think at one stage, I was on the verge of falling asleep (or dying... it's a fine line on a 36 degree day) but when I started to feel faint, I thought to myself, this is no good, I gotta get some fresh air. That's when Alex walks in to save my day, made me sit down in the lovely air-conditioned bit of the lounge. I felt a whole stack better by then, but I still felt like shit and was exhausted and felt a slight tinge of headache... I hate the heat, I don't take to heat very well. It makes me feel unwell.

Anyways, Alex convinced me to see this weird 'anti-psychiatry' thingy that's on in the building (it was like an exhibition, with posters and tv programs in a room)... apparently it's some sort of Scientology thing, perhaps they were recruiting? Whatever it was, it was weird, depressing, and they pretty much relate everything bad that happens to humans to the effects of psychiatry and using drugs they prescribe you. Hmm.... well, I don't know about that, I agree that medication is not always the answer, but I don't agree that it is the cause of all our pain in society - which is what I think they were trying to tell me. I saw a lobotomy being performed, and 'doctors' saying it didn't hurt the patient (yeah right!) and people poking humungous things into other people's eyes to heal them. Man, it was sick, it was all I could do not to scream out loud in that room. Seeing a lobotomoy performed didn't help me feel any better, my skin was getting all clammy and I really didn't feel well.

The people holding this 'anti-psychiatry' thingy were weird. They watch you watching the things, and since the things did not interest me, I moved on really quickly and they made me feel kind of guilty for not paying attention. And then, just when Alex and I were about to leave (cos it was home time ya know), this guy was about to block our path, perhaps to convince us to join their cult? Ooops, did I say cult? :) Well, smart thinking Alex, used his uniform to get us out quickly and safely without interruption. I hadn't seen such a big load of shite in a long time.

Lobotomy, not good. Perhaps these people had lobotomies? I know... I'm not really making much sense, but it's late you see, and I'm not well, so it's hard to make myself make sense at this time of night.

Bad day continues on my way home.... the following is the short version. Bus arrives late. Due to bad weather and feelings of unwellness, decided not to wait for the express (which probably arrived 2 mins later). Hot bus. Bad traffic on Flinders St. Packed out bus (probably cos it was late). Bus breaks down at awkward intersection in Port Melbourne. Engine revs but there is no movement. Red light. Moves about 1cm. Stops at red light. Bus refuses to move at green light. 15mins later, moves 1cm. Red light. Stops again. Green light, refuses to move. Repeat about 5 times. Big sigh by all on the bus. Lots of cars behind honking bus. Another bus behind us. Move to new bus, lose favourite seat. Get a seat next to 'biggish' woman. Don't care, got a seat, better than standing. Bad traffic on Williamstown Rd. Big sigh by me. Why is this happening to me on such a bad day!!!!??????!!!!

Finally get home at 7pm. Starving. Only leftovers to eat cos dad doesn't realise he no longer needs to cater to 20 people on a daily basis, it's usually just me, mum and Kent... mostly just me and mum eating at home. And we eat not much at all. Leftovers, hmm.... better than hunger I guess.

I'm feeling exhausted. Until my next episode....

No comments: