Friday, November 03, 2006

Something funny happened on my lunch break

TGIF!

My weeks are just dragging on by these days, I can't believe that not doing anything at work can make one feel so tired. The kids are good to me, they've been keeping the office somewhat tidy, my colleagues are good to me, in particular Alex and Marisa who are really good with keeping me company, we chat for hours and time flies when you have someone to talk to, Alex probably knows a lot more about me than he really cares to, and yet he keeps coming back for more torturously dull stories of my life, silly man. Of course, I haven't mentioned the bribes I use to keep him coming back :)

I was on my regular lunch walk today when I came across a life-sized, bright pink, phallic-shaped item lying innocently in the grass at a park and I thought to myself, now that's not something you see everyday!

Now I'm curious, just what exactly happened there, at that very spot, for someone to leave behind such a curious item? I mean really, a dildo! In a public park!!! For goodness sakes, what on earth was this being used in a park?! Do people have no shame? And why leave it behind?? It looked perfectly... umm....unused? Not that I would know :p

I continued walking to a different park where I sat down to watch what I thought was a group of funny looking people holding a fishing rod, learning how to fish - in the middle of a city park! with no water! and no fish!! It was quite amusing until I realised that they weren't actually learning to fish, nor were they holding a fishing rod. What were they doing you ask? Well, they were actually filming something.... and the 'fishing rod' was actually a boom mike. Man, I really need new specs.

As for Chris, well... he had the day off today to see a specialist about this condition he has with his eye. I'm not really sure what it is since Chris can't remember what's wrong with him to begin with. As far as I can see, there is some sort of infection in his eye that is making him very uncomfortable so the specialist was going to take it out.... Chris being such a wuss, they couldn't do it, cos he was flinching too much so he now has to go into hospital to have it surgically removed - which also means it costs a lot more (thank goodness he has private health insurance!)

Well, next week I still have to work, no long weekend for me, Chris however, has the entire week off.... I reckon it's probably about time for him to start looking for another job, it's becoming increasingly unstable where he is right now. Oh well, we'll see....

No plans for the weekend yet, but if anything interesting happens will blog!

ciao for now

No comments: