We decided to have breakky in to save some space for lunch at Bad Habits Cafe, located in the historic Convent Gallery.. a convent that has now been turned into a gallery - get the pun??
Before we had lunch we drove to Hepburn Springs to see what was there and it turns out, not much at all. We saw people filling up empty drink bottles with spring water.... from a tap!
Chris and I did not have an empty drink bottle so we just decided to turn the tap on and see what was so special about this natural mineral water, and we put it in the only place we could put water without a container, straight into our mouth. Bad idea! Turns out natural mineral water tastes very, how shall I put it...... minerally? ok ok ok, it tasted much like rusty water, basically it was foul. Luckily I had a box of extra strong minty tic tacs with me *phew* got rid of that awful taste quick smart. *Blech* I'm definitely not gonna pay to soak in the stuff, it reeked!
After about 20 mins, we drove back to Daylesford to the Convent Gallery... looked around a bit, the artwork was all really good, darn pricey though, I was somewhat surprised to find many of the art pieces already sold with price tags of around $2000 on average. Who the hell buys these things??? I must move in the wrong circles..... I don't think many of my friends can afford to pay 2 grand for something that just sits there looking weird.
Then Bad Habits for lunch, and lunch was yummo, service was great, they were busy but they were still charming and smiley - absolutely fantastic customer service, even to the bitch on the next table who was rude and arrogant (probably just the kind of people who buys art work for $2000+) Kudos to you, kind servant of customer service - you deserve an inordinate amount of tips for being so polite that bitch.

After lunch we had a little walk, hand-in-hand, around the very romantic gardens of the Convent and found this unually shaped rock. Yup, you see it, it's HEART-shaped! How romantic :)
Then home we came..... I was sad, I wanted it last another day - the weather had only just got better. In fact the weather was perfect ahhh well, Mother Nature is also a bitch
No comments:
Post a Comment