Tuesday, September 26, 2006

LOOOOOONG weekend - part 1 - Living End gig

Woah.... what a near perfect weekend we've just had!
Started off on Friday when Chris and I went to a Living End gig at the Palace. Hmm.. Living End were awesome, and I expected nothing less from them, however, never have I felt my age more. Standing for 4 hours is very tiring for my 20-something legs, especially as I had went straight from work - although, who am I to complain, Chris had been up since 4am that day and was still trying to stay awake at 1am..... he was well and truly buggered!

Anyways, The Living End were awesome. I wasn't quite so sure that I would be able to make it to the end of the night.... when Red Riders arrived on stage, I thought... alright, this is ok... I should be ok, then an hour and half later, when End of Fashion came on, I was saying to Chris, (who looked even more weary than I felt) I don't think I can last until TLE finishes their set, we may have to leave early cos my head was hurting, my eyes were stinging, and I was dog-tired. Chris agreed. I really really felt old at that moment. I remembered then why I've always hated clubbing and pubs.... the smoke, OH the smoke! *blech* it's disgusting in every way! I also don't enjoy the dark dark room with lots lots of smelly strange people who smoke, and the noise.... *sigh* I'm so old...

BUT I'm glad that we did stay until the end because they did not let us down. Who would've thunk that a double bass player can be so damn sexy :)

By the time we got home, we both just collapsed and slept like dead logs - well Chris slept like a dead log while I called Lulu in France to see how she was going... it was s'posed to be only a 5 min call, but as always, there's more to chat about than we expect and it ended up being a 45min call... can't wait to see the phone bill.

Next up, Daylesford!

No comments: