Thursday, September 28, 2006

LOOOOOONG weekend - part 3 - QUADBIKING!

Day 2 - Daylesford, quadbiking...

OH MY GOODNESS! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!

For the uninitiated, a quadbike is also known as an ATV (all terrain vehicle) or a motorcycle with 4 wheels, hmm.... motorcycle with training wheels? hehe, not quite but just as much fun I reckon and my opinion is based solely on the fact that I have never been on a moving motorcycle of course :)

Anyways, we were the only 2 people booked into today's tour so Chris and I felt kinda special. It turns out the tour is led by these 2 old country folks, really nice blokes too they were and really looked after us.

This is Chris on the quadbike afterwards, see not muddy at all (sorry, there are no dirty pics of me.... on the quadbike that is :)




The bikes themselves were really easy to handle, accelerate with right thumb, brake with left hand and we had a 15 min practice run before they took us into the bush for a wild run and it was FUN! I swear to God I could not stop laughing and screaming as I followed the guide (I think his name was Glen? the guy at the back was Nat but can't remember the other dude... sorry Glen? Gees, I hope his name is Glen :p)

I can't begin to describe how much fun it is so you guys had better try it for yourself one day, here's the link:

http://www.ballarat.com/quadbikes/index.htm

It didn't rain, the sun was out but it
was cold... I guess it was nice that it had rained the day before because it wasn't quite so dusty, however that meant that it left puddles of mud in the potholes.... and they were fun to drive over! I don't know how Chris escaped without getting muddy like I did and he's normally the messy untidy one!

We both had tremendous fun, and wanted it to last a bit longer even though Chris drives like a nanna hehe
I normally drive like a nanna too, but turns out if you put me in the bush on a quadbike I turn into a little speed demon ;p

Unfortunately all that is fun must eventually end, so we were driven back to Daylesford where I convinced Chris to have a late lunch at a nice vegetarian restaurant and *shock horror* he actually enjoyed it! What did we have to eat? Well, a wild mushroom risotto and a vegetable soup - it was a vegetarian/ vegan place, so we know it was healthy, I must admit, even the vegan parmesan cheese on the risotto tasted really yum and it wasn't pricey.... unlike dinner....

After late lunch, we checked ourselves into a massage/ facial treatment, for which Daylesford is reknowned for so we couldn't possibly leave without doing it. It was really nice, bloody expensive but very very nice. I didn't ask for a massage, was just planning on doing a facial but the lady was so nice she gave me a neck/ shoulder massage and hand and feet massages thrown in as well! I couldn't believe it when she started to touch my neck.... umm.. as many of my dear friends know, I suffer from a condition known as extreme ticklishness and I'm a bit shy so I hate strange people touching my body and here is this strange person touching my body! I nearly jumped off the table when she started rubbing my feet, but to be polite I just let her get on with it.... I must say it was rather nice :) and I guess if I wasn't so averse to being touched, if I wasn't so damn ticklish I would've enjoyed the freebie massage. All I can say now is, thanks anyway lady.

Chris enjoyed a 90 minute deep tissue massage plus aromatherapy facial and he was in heaven! Except for the minor mishap when the lady put something on him that obviously didn't agree with Chris' face cos it caused him to scream out in pain when the cream apparently caused a burning sensation (nothing happened to me....)

Oh yeah, he was in heaven, and he wasn't very nice about it, he called them "a couple of old bags"

Now now Chris, that was uncalled for.... overall you enjoyed the experience didn't ya dear?

I wasn't gonna say that was the end of our day, but before I end this boring piece of blog I have to write about our dinner that night - oh man, Chris reckons he had the best piece of steak EVER! Now
that is a big call. But it did look good I must admit, and I had a nice piece of king fish, perfectly done with this gorgeous middle eastern type salad.... it was good, and it was good food done perfectly but it also came at a price - a very very jaw-droppingly high price. Ahhh well, we were there to splurge and to relax, can't worry about money all the time :)

Well, that's it, thanks for reading...

No comments: