Tuesday, September 26, 2006

LOOOOOONG weekend - part 2 - Miserable start to Daylesford

So excited was I to go to Daylesford for a couple of days, for various reasons, number 1, I've never been to Daylesford, number 2, I have 2 days off from work, number 3, quad-biking, number 4, hmm... perhaps am too carried away, can't think of a 4th reason - but it would've been a good one.

Well! It was a miserably cold day in Daylesford. Raining, windy, freezing cold so we couldn't go venturing around the town before checking into our accommodation like I had so meticulously planned to do (no, not really, have any of you ever known me to 'meticulously plan' anything before? hehe, I'm so laissez-faire about most things)

Well, we had lunch next to a nice open fire, then waited and waited and waited until it was time to check in... and our cute little cottage just took my breath away! It was so beautiful and secluded, nice and quiet, nice little size, but not too small, and so conveniently close to all the main shops. I will definitely be staying there again next time we go back.





Well, as you can see, I started drinking simply because there was little else to do... yup, I polished off that entire bottle on my own :p
Hmm.... it's been a few days, so I can't really remember what else we did for the rest of the day, I don't think we did anything else, it was wet and miserable and our cabin was gorgeous and warm so I think we just stayed in watching tv and dancing around like stupid 20-somethings that we are (well, that I am... Chris is now an old man of 30-something). Oh, and I had a lovely spa.... mmmmmmmmmmm........................ the spa.......................


*sigh* I really enjoyed that spa, it was a massive spa for such a little place. The spa was HUGE! So big it was that I could nearly swim laps in it! I'm not kidding you, it really was that big :)

Yup, me thinks I stayed in the spa for at least an hour.... I was wrinkled like a prune, well and truly, when I got out of there... not too sure how the neighbours felt with the noise of the spa going on at all sorts of weird hours (it was only 11pm, never too late for a spa - I love that word SPA!) And me thinks the spa may have been a tad too hot for my little body cos when I got out of there I was feeling a little faint... and very nearly did, so took to bed straight away.

What was Chris doing during all this time? Hmm... I'm not too sure, he was watching tv I thinks.
Anyways, the only thing on my mind at that time was I hope it won't rain tomorrow, cos I really don't want to quadbike in the wet and mud.

to be continued...

No comments: