Mr Mickey is a dangerous man.
He sits down at the table for 2 seconds and on the table magically appears 10 various lethal alcoholic concoctions... sweet ones, fruity ones, chocolatey ones and ones with funny names (headless chook? Anyone want Tony's nuts?), he certainly gets credit for generosity but one must be wary of his motives for that was just the beginning of the night...
After a loud and rowdy dinner, we all head off to PartyWorld for some awful renditions of some terrible songs, and the more terrible the song, the better the night it was.
We began with a$300 bar tab and immediately, there was an order for at least $100 worth of various cocktail shakers.... mmmm... yummmmmy cocktails.....
A blur of ABBA, Beatles, some Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and a few numbers from Beyonce and Lady Gaga - and what karaoke session will it be without a shout out to Aqua's Barbie Girl? hoo ha yeah!
We all played our parts pretty well:
Mr Mickey - the drink master - the one encouraging all to drink and continually plying us with the dreaded 'pace jar'
Mr Just-Married - on his first night out without the Missus - playing the loud, rowdy, attention-hogging dance queen, keeping us all entertained with his snappy dance moves, MJ moonwalk, Elvis impersonations and Beyonce renditions.
Miss Smiley - the baby of the group but no shrinking violent, she's so adorable, like my kid sister at work.
Miss Mic Whore (no, that was not me!) - was perhaps the only person there who had any sort of decent singing voice while the rest of us merely shouted and yelled at the microphone (hehe, yelling out a song probably wouldn't help heal my niggling cough)
Madam Mum - tired and exhausted from work and being mum to a toddler, she had a leave pass to paint the town with us unmarrieds (oh, except for Mr J-M, he's still counted as 'unmarried' for now), leaving hubby at home to look after bubs for one night. I think it's great stress-relief for her when pelting out a song or two.
Mr Viking - oh how I will miss him, my dear Mr Viking, when he leaves us next year to work in Dandenong - boo! I say boo to those who are sending him away! We should keep Mr Viking and send Mr Misogynist to Dandenong. Boo! Boo! Boo! Boo!
Before long, even I was hogging the mic and I managed to do a solo number - probably because nobody else there knew the song (Thank you very much Dixie Chicks!)
After one too many sugar-filled beverages, occassionally mixed with a peroni here and now, I decided to make my escape early (somewhat early I think... I think the bar tab finished in less than 2 hours and we went a bit over... and then some :P)
Stupid thing is, when you find yourself filled with too much sugar and not enough booze you wound up lying in bed with eyes wide open tossing and turning trying desperately to get tired and fall into slumber. After an hour of this I became really agitated and found myself leaping out of bed and tidying up my room. Now there's a side-effect I hadn't expected! Perhaps it's something I need to bear in mind next time I go out, must drink more sugary things!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment