Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to all my babes!

So, another year over eh?
And what a year it's been!

It started off a little shaky for me, with a lot of change and a lot of uncertainty and a helluva lot of insecurity but a year is a long time and a plenty can happen in just a mere 12 months, so as far as I am concerned it has ended a lot better than I expected, particularly so when compared to the previous 12 months.

Yes, I have achieved much and yet not achieved enough - so 2010 will mean I must work smarter to reach the goals I set, but don't be mistaken, these are not new year resolutions, nay nay nay! New year resolutions are made to be broken and not kept, goals are made to be achieved and I aim to achieve as many as I can in my short life.

2009 was a good one.
Maha, Press Club, Tutte Bene, Vue de Monde, L'Etoile, Boathouse, MoVida Aqui, Cafe Vue, Hutong, Mecca Bah, too many wineries, Tassie (x2), Sydney, seafood aplenty, too many cheeses, happy hour at 434, not enough breakfasts (but then again, I'm not much of a morning person) and stalking too many exceptional chefs ;P

I learned how to parallel park (again), I can sort of reverse park, I hesitate a little bit less now if I have to drive anywhere.... I made it to the gym more often than I expected, I even go for a run every now and then, I successfully completed a 'non-boot camp' boot camp without dying, I made a lot of new friends and re-made some old ones, and I miss a few friends... you know who you are, but particularly Rose, Fad, and.... MM.

I finally spent those blasted gift vouchers that I keep getting, at last count I had some $500-odd worth of gift cards. Nothing shows better how much you don't care. Surely I can't be that difficult to buy for? I'm pretty easily satisfied, really I am! I'm happy if you get my a block of cheese.

And whaddaya know, the minute I use the ones I have, I get another stupid freakin' gift card *sigh* I hate them bloody things. I'm going on record to say that it is your money down the drain if I get another gift card, it takes me too much time to spend it and just not worth my effort. You'd be better off giving me cash so I can pay some bills with it.

Anyhoos, tis not a time to whinge, I have an entire 2010 to do so :)

I have a sexy raunchy burlesque-themed party to go to for NYE2009, so keeping it short cos I gots ta go pretty myself up a bit. Don't let the heat get to you and party responsibly everybody (that means you, Frankston boys :P )

If I don't see you tonight, I will see you in the new year. Love youse all, happy 2010!

No comments: