Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bored and hot

Well, it's been a rather dull few weeks... I think it's been about 2 weeks since my last post and really, there's not much to write about.

The weather has been really really hot, and most people that knows me knows that:
me+hot weather = not very pleasant me to be around.

And then after the hot weather we go back to quite cold again, you know, going from 37 degrees to 10 degrees is two different extremes and sometimes it happens ALL ON THE SAME BLOODY DAY! I've lived here all my life but I don't think I'll really ever get used to Melbourne weather....

The weather last weekend was absolutely disgusting, 37 degrees on both Saturday and Sunday. I didn't do anything on Sunday, absolutely NOTHING. I woke up, laid down on the couch and pretty much stayed there the entire day. I didn't change out of my pj's, I barely moved and I was right underneath the air-con!

I hate hot weather, how the hell am I gonna make it through Thailand?! That should be interesting :)

It's been a rather long week.... almost like it is never gonna end, I think it's cos I only have one more week to go until the Christmas break - and finally I can actually do nothing and not feel guilty about it. Right now I do a lot of nothing and feel incredibly guilty about it. Damn these stupid work ethics I have! :p

And since it is Summer, all the good shows have finished and all the Summer programs have started, which means there's nothing good on tv for me to watch, which also means I really have jack-all to do each night. The only thing I look forward to each week is the Amazing Race (not as good as any of the past series but still good viewing) and each night, is a really weak That 70s Show - either my sense of humour has grown up or it just ain't as funny as it used to be... having a grown up sense of humour, hmm.... that's pretty scary! NO NO NO! I don't want this, I want my old stupid childish sense of humour back. Come back quick! I want to enjoy That 70s Show.

Anyways, I still have a stack of Christmas shopping to do, and it's less than 2 weeks til Christmas :( I went shopping with one of my office bearers yesterday. Ed, God bless him - such a sweetie, he
offered to go shopping with me yesterday because I mentioned I didn't enjoy shopping by myself. How cute is that? I didn't actually end up buying anything.... except something for myself :p hehe oh yeah, I probably haven't mentioned that I've already maxed out my credit card and it's only mid-December!

Don't worry, it's mainly bills and holiday expenses, things that needed to be paid and just so happens to converge around the same time - but the Christmas shopping wouldn't help my poor little credit card...

Thankfully I got paid today, and got the holiday pay - and I'll be getting a pay rise in the new year... overall, I do think I have a pretty darn good job - just wish it was a tad more exciting and mentally challenging. Oh well, can't have everything.

Tomorrow it's FRIDAY! YAY. I saw a sign that made my heart leap, 30% off all shoes! OMG, I am SO going there to get the world's most comfortable shoes, I know I shouldn't buy more stuff for myself but I have been dying to buy these shoes and I just can't bring myself to pay full price for them. So tomorrow, I will be paying 30% less :) :) :)

Alrighty, I'm bringing my attention back to the Amazing Race now. Blog you later.

2 comments:

la la luce said...

1. It's most people who KNOW me, would KNOW that.. not most people who knowS me! :P

2. It's eleven degrees MAX today. Can barely see a metre in front of me cos of the fog.. It's gonna be five degrees MAX on Monday.. I probably wouldn't even bother goin out except I have all these bloody tests..

3. Are they new episodes of That 70s Show or reruns?

4. I booked one night in a four-star hotel in Geneva on your credit card... sorry, couldn't help it.

5. No one's getting any Christmas presents from me but I sure am expecting something in the post, otherwise this Christmas is going to be really depressing. I can't go to Rome with Ling to watch the midnight mass cos it's too expensive :(

6. Which means I will either be here in Lyon all alone and sad or I will bugger off and try and find my way to Le Corbusier's Ronchamp chapel. I think the latter..

7. I got a total of about five hours sleep last night/this morning. My neighbour was playing her music until 1am. I got up at 5.30am. Took a shower and had breakfast, then went back to bed at 6.30am. Banging, drilling, more banging, and more drilling noises started at approximately 7.30am and didn't stop even when I left Allix at 10.30am. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME????????

8. Obviously feeling rather sorry for myself.

9. Also incredibly grumpy because of lack of sleep.

10. Finally, can you tell I am procrastinating? I'm going to DIE in my oral this afternoon and then once again in my test tomorrow morning... wish me luck and send me some of that heat!

xx

Tallandshort said...

Hmm, I just re-read that posting and did I sound very dumb-blonde or what?
No, no need to answer that question.

1. yeah ok, that makes better sense but I can't be bothered changing it (perfectionist :p )

2. freezing cold eh? *sigh* must remember to buy gloves and warm thermals after Christmas...

3. They are NEW episodes! I was so excited but they are disappointingly unfunny.

4. woah, 4-star! Going upmarket aren't we? Well... we're sticking to 1-2 star hotels when I get there... I think I still need to eat when I'm on holidays.

5. oh shit! forgot presents for lulu....

6. awwww, we'll be thinking of you while we're digging into our Christmas lunch feast :)

7, 8, 9. That's just our luck lil sis, we just gotsta deal with it.

10. Good luck! and also, **activating special powers** am attempting to send through Melbourne heatwave to Lyon, France, let me know when you get it... I may need practice.