Well.... there's less than 10 days til Christmas and I think we have roughly half the presents that we need to buy... not too bad I guess. Chris and I (well, mainly me) already know what we want to get people it's just a matter of getting it.
Yesterday, for a change I was barely in my office for much of the day. It was a nice change. Although, do not be mistaken - that's not to say I was busy with work... however, it was because of work that I was called away from sitting on my arse all day in my comfy little office.
My colleague Marisa wanted company while she went to the city to pick up some printing so I tagged along on the premise that I was to help her carry back the printing... she really didn't need my help. It was just one tiny little parcel afterall :) But it was nice to get out of the office, and we took that opportunity to visit the Vic Market to get some churros - hehe - I'm so glad she persuaded me to get 2 and not 1 because I would not have been satisfied with just one yummy churros :)
When I returned to my office, it was time to go out to lunch with my boss and the rest of his department. It was kind of a farewell to him and a departmental Christmas lunch all in one. And let me tell you, this is one of the finest lunches I've ever had! This will go down in history let me tell you.
He took us to a really posh restaurant in Carlton. I can't imagine paying prices like this for dinner, let alone for lunch! Well, not unless it was a special occasion *hint hint Christopher!* We had expensive French champagne, and really nice wine. We all had beautiful food, oh the glorious food! It was just beautiful. I was so stuffed, so full of good food that I didn't think I could move back to the office but guess what? Paying for lunch at such a posh restaurant was not enough for my boss, no no no, he coerced me to have dessert as well! *sigh* I know what you're all thinking - how horrible of him to order for me a dessert described as "dark callebaut chocolate souffle with hazelnut." A dessert which cost $18.50. Perhaps one of the priciest desserts I've ever eaten. How terrible of him to force me to eat such a heavenly treat!!
:)
I enjoyed it. I really did. I couldn't possibly have finished it though because I was so full and the souffle was so rich so it was nice to have been able to share it. It was shared between a co-worker, my boss and me. So it took 3 of us to finish it. Just.
Next time I ain't sharing this divine creation. Next time, I will just be having sweets alone at Masani's. Trust me, It is worth it.
3.5 hours later, I finally made my escape back to the office, and I was one of the earlier ones to leave! (It's kind of hard to make an excuse to leave early when your boss is there with you and he knows how much work you don't have to do back in the office)
I can't believe I had been out of the office from 12pm til 4:30pm. I would call that a good day. I was severely overfed and truly believe that in one day alone, all my good work exercising has gone to waste. I swear my pants feel somewhat tighter today because of my excess consumption yesterday. It's really difficult to love a job like this :)
On a different note, Chris and I went Christmas shopping today and guess what I did? Yup, bought meself another pair of shoes :0 Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it was 30% off!! I can't pass that over, I mean seriously, it's the world's MOST COMFORTABLE SHOES! I love these shoes!! I'm a happy chicky-babe today. But then again, my credit card has taken a hammering, quite a severe hammering. I need to pay it off before I can book any more accommodation and flights for my European Sampler Holiday.
FOUR WEEKS to go.... I'm so excited!! Be excited for me! I give you permission to be excited for me!
Ciao, au revoir and adios!
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment