Saturday, December 23, 2006

The new look

As you can obviously see, I've decided on a new look for this blog. Reason? Well, judging from the direction that it has taken, it's not exactly Chris and Mae's blog anymore.... it's more my blog and sometimes I tell you about what's happening with Chris... so from this new direction comes a new look.

And, I was kind of getting tired of that old look anyway...

Righto, so new direction... where do I go with this new direction??? Really don't know yet but where ever takes my fancy I guess. Probably more of the same really, the usual stuff... me rambling on about really important world issues such as when I decide to clean my room, or when I decide to give Taxi a bath, or yet another shoe purchase that I do not need :p

I'm officially on holidays now. Christmas party at work was dull - as I had expected it to be, but fortunately it was at the Uni so I was able to make a speedy and quiet escape the moment all the formalities and food were over. I really didn't feel like sticking around on a 37 degree day wasting my precious time not drinking the free booze they were offering (Mae's not really much of a drinker you see) and making small talk with people that I don't really know and who probably wouldn't know me from a bar of soap if I ever bumped into them outside of work. Yup, I could think of better things to do with my time.

So, 2 more days til Christmas, what have I been upto? Pretty much all the Christmas shopping is complete. I need to wrap them up, write out the cards... Chris and I went over to his Grandparents house for early Christmas lunch with them today because they are moving upto NSW to be closer to Chris' dad... pleasant enough afternoon...

Then, Christmas day we'll be having Christmas lunch feast at Chris' and I don't expect to eat another meal for at least week afterwards. I do, however, expect to be nursing a very round belly for at least a month after Christmas.... and then I'll be off on my SUPER EUROPEAN SAMPLER TRIP! Hopefully after that I'll get my arse down to do some exercise and lose some of this flab that I've put on in the month of December alone.

Why is it so darn easy to put on weight yet so goddam difficult to lose the weight we take only days to put on?

Anyways, I've made a promise to myself. An early New Year resolution if you may. I will be healthier. I will be more active. I will eat better. I will lead a healthier lifestyle. I want to look super amazingly fit for my next birthday! :)

Oh shoot... now that I've made it public, I guess I will have to do something about it... hmmm... no more excuses.

I guess I have some time to think about how I want to go about that.... yoga perhaps? Pilates?? Jogging? Dancing?? :)

Merry and safe Christmas to all my dear friends!

No comments: