Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day after Sue's Birthday

Umm... so yesterday was Sue's birthday, and from what I hear from Chris, it went really well. She certainly was spoilt by her family and friends - Fiona and Andrew got a coffee making machine thingy that goes onto the stove.... I'm not exactly sure what they mean, but sounds like it made a good coffee (whatever that is... doesn't mean much to a non-coffee drinker like me).

From me, as I mentioned in the earlier post, she got a packaged perfume set, 5th Avenue, and she liked it so that was good too. From Fiona and Margaret, she received a gift voucher to a day spa for 2.5 hours - something certainly well-deserved for such a remarkable woman.

And a good day for one, but an extremely busy and hectic one for me - I was in the office from 8:30am - 7pm, lunch at my desk, and leaving my office only to go to the toilet (twice only) I am so sick of the office. Plus I never want to see another textbook again, nor any more green forms!

And I was really dreading today because my boss is making me go to this company function with lots of important people there.... important people that I have nothing to do with and will most likely never see again. I won't remember them and they won't remember me.... I really wanted to get out of it, but my boss was adamant I should be there to help sell the company. I am just not a good 'work the room' network butterfly kind of girl....
But - it went ok, I felt extremely awkward but at least I managed to speak to a few guests... hope that was 'ok' with the boss guy.

No comments: