Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lulu's farewell...

Ah well, it seems so soon but Lulu has finally left Oz for Lyon... last Saturday was her farewell, and Chris and I both went - it was ok, kind of what I expected, I hardly knew anybody, and Chris knew even less bodies than me.

We left pretty early (around 11:30pm) but we went walking around the city (since we were both dolled up - why waste the chance eh?). Got home around 2am... that's considered a good night out for the both of us, we're like grandparents now, we hardly ever go out at night. It's so sad.... Yeah, and we took a nice photo with her at the bar... can't wait til she sends it (Although I must admit I think I look fat :( but these days I always think I look fat..... it must be an age thing...... the older I get the fatter I get....

Anyways, Lulu's been gone for 2 days now and she's thinking of going to Brussels where the rellies are instead of paying to stay at a backpackers for 10 days before the dorm opens. Dad's been going crazy worrying about her, whereas I've been taking the 'take it easy, let her go free' approach. She's old enough to look after herself - I mean the only thing worth worrying is the fact that she's not immediately contactable because of some stupid issue with her sim card, easily fixed once she's a little more settled, she's only been there 2 days for crying out loud!

Anyways, she's got a credit card, she's smart, she's got support, she'll be fine.

Well, I think tomorrow she'll be flying out of Lyon.. once she gets to Brussels we'll see how she is settling in.

As for us, it's gonna be nice weather for the weekend so Chris and I will be heading out doing some shopping... for Chris's Aunt, Margaret. And generally enjoying ourselves.

Over and out
Mae

No comments: