Sunday, July 30, 2006

Shopping for Chris' mum's birthday gift

Well, the weekend just past... Chris and I spent it shopping for Sue's birthday present - Sue is, of course, Chris' mum - and boy it was damn hard, and it just gets harder each year!

Chris had already bought his mum a clock radio, a little boring, yes, but it was something practicle and something that she had wanted afterall. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't as cheap as that, he didn't just get Sue a simple clock radio, he also spent some hard-earned cash on some Gold Class movie tickets, not just your everyday el-cheapo tickets, no-sirree! It was the top of the line, comfy and clean couches, food and drinks, the whole shebang.

As for me, I just couldn't bear to be so boring.... so, what did I end up getting? Well.... Elizabeth Arden's 5th Avenue... ok... well, yeah I s'pose perfume can be considered boring too.. hmmm.... *sigh* it is damn hard buying nice presents (and even more so when you can't really afford much and aren't very creative).

At least I wrapped it up all goodly :)

Okies, well unfortunately, I can't be there on the 1st August to celebrate the special day with Sue, but I know she'll have a good one. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!

No comments: