I s'pose if you are a Bombers supporter it was Dreamtime but if you were me, it was verging on nightmarish. You'd think I'd be used to it all by now because my Tiger boys have reciprocated my fierce loyalty with nothing but disappointment. However, losing is not something I want to get used to.
First half of the game was pretty decent but what the hell happened in the second half??? I saw two different groups playing for the same team last night *sigh* I guess it doesn't matter, I'm not chasing an answer here. They don't have one to give me anyway.
So while my beloved Yellow and Blacks were desperately trying to lose the game, my interest had wained from the match and wandered onto other more serious contemplations of life, such as, how many umpires are there on the ground during a game?
It occurred to me only last night that I have watched countless AFL games but had no idea how many umpires were needed for each game... I tried to count them last night and came up with two figures, it's either 8 or 9. And when I googled it today, I got a third answer, 7.
Hmmm... so is it 7, 8 or 9???
(I'm confuddled...)
So, Tigers lost, and Essendon won but all was not lost. When we were making our way to Crown for some supper and a drink to drown the sorrows I saw this guy...
(Oh be still my beating heart!)
The moment I saw him I stopped dead in my tracks, and just stared at him for what seemed like eternity. How embarrassment. BUT, having said that, if there was one guy I wouldn't mind wrapping my arms and legs around, it would be...;p
Oh why was I dressed like a footy wench instead of my usual smoking hot self? I would probably still be there watching him had I not been dragged away by the very embarrassed and very beer-deprived Bombers supporter.
Oh, Jimmy. Thank you for making it a beautiful way to end the night :)

No comments:
Post a Comment