Friday, May 15, 2009

Big sigh

My my my my my, look at who has been so mighty introspective lately!

Well, this is not an introspective post, this is a "I'm all sorts of nervous, anxious, stressed and worried" post. Back to basics!

A wonderful thing happened this morning, I was awoken early early in the morn to the beautiful sound of my phone singing to me. I absolutely love it when my phone rings because it means someone is thinking of me and wants to talk to me. I guess it all goes back to when I was a little girl, dad always told me that I would run to answer the phone whether it rang or not because I just loved talking on it (or 'to it'... if I picked it up despite nobody calling...) There's even a photo of me having a happy conversation with myself holding the phone, I was cute even back then :)

Anyway I digress, so I was excited about my phone ringing bright and early on a Friday morning... who could possibly need to speak to me so desperately that they had to call before 9am????

It was an angel!

Ok, perhaps that might be stretching it a tad... it was no angel I admit, but it was someone I was very happy to hear from despite my croaky, groggy state of slumbering stupor.

He uttered some very sexy words to me. It wasn't quite what I had wanted to hear but it came pretty damn close...

"Great news! You have been shortlisted for a second interview!"

Great. I knew the interview went well because I was just too charming. This job actually sounds quite interesting, and it has lots of scope for development and lots to learn, and the potential new boss is not too bad on the eye. I wouldn't mind looking at that every work day :)
Jokes aside, I really do want this job. To be able to start up a whole new department, what an exciting challenge!

It would have been even better had I heard these mega-orgasmic words instead,

"Congratulations, we've decided to offer you the job because you were, by far, the best candidate!" (that last part is particularly important and must be included...)

but I'll take what I can get these days.

So, after 70-odd applications, it's now down to me and some other chick.... hmmm, deja-vu anyone?

I guess I competed against over 150 applications last time and won, so why would this be any different?

Why?

Because times have changed, it is a different place out there, last year I had my pick of jobs, I had the good fortune to turn down roles that were NQR. I don't have that luxury now and that's why I'm all kinds of nervous, stress and worry. I'm very good at what I do and I'm smart. All I have to do now is convince them that I am by far the best candidate!

Wish me luck

No comments: