Thursday, January 01, 2009

Purge Purge Purge!

The longest and most wretched year I've encountered so far is finally over, if I knew who to thank for getting me through it, I would.

Reflections? I've been on my computer pretty much all day today and I've come to realise that for a year that I would rather forget, I certainly took an awful lot of photos and now I have these memories that will forever be around to haunt me and remind me of things I'd rather not remember. I guess I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't torment myself in stupid ways like that.

So anyways, reflections of a long torturous 388 days... of those, I can only recall 2 days where I was genuinely me, genuinely happy, no pretending, no putting on happy faces, no struggle to get through the day, just happy to be in that moment. Just happy.

22nd June and 8 November.

I'm not sure how sad it is that I can actually tell you those 2 exact dates. What kind of measurement tool do you use for these tragic things? Or question can be rephrased to what kind of tragic tool admits to remembering such stupid things?

It doesn't matter. I made it. I'm better off than most people. I made it. And this year, I plan on enjoying myself. By year's end, hopefully I will have more than 2 dates to name. Perhaps.

I made it.
And I'm ok.

No comments: