Monday, January 19, 2009

You can't fix stupid

"You can't fix stupid"

No you cannot!

What a brilliant phrase, I love it! I don't think you can make it any more simple and I'm determined to use it as much as I possibly can from here on now.

I learn this phrase today and within the hour, I had my opportunity to use it. How do dumbasses get hired when so many able and intelligent people are unemployed?! I don't get it. Got a call from our records department regarding a file I requested they create and deliver to me and the dumbass actually asks me, "how do I name that file?"

me: "ummm, what do you mean?"

me in my mind: (you can name that file however way you normally name files, stupid head)

dumbass: "I mean, how do I name it so I can put it on the shelf?"

me: "what's the normal protocol for naming files?"

me in my mind: (I better ask as clarification for this just in case I'm the stupid head who didn't understand your question, because I just can't believe that you're asking me such a simple stupid question and that you're actually asking ME how to do YOUR job!)

dumbass: "eerrrr, well, we normally put the first 4 letters of the last name, then a comma, then the first initial of the person"

me: "well, there ya go, you can do that for this file as well"

me in my head: (are you F#@!king serious?! Isn't that what you ALWAYS do anyways?! Why the F#@k did you have to ask me how to do that when you obviously know how do it afterall!? What was so different about this file?? Dumbass)

dumbass: "oh ok then, so it's ok to name the file like that?"

me: "yes, of course. Why would it be different to any other file?"

dumbass: "ok, thanks for your help"

me in my head: (no problems dumbass, please don't bother me again with your inane questions, I'm very busy at work, surfing the net, talking on the phone, eating my biscuits, wondering how I can take over the world in 3 days and watching the clock to help you do your work as well. Stupid time-wasting dumbf*!@k! )

Me out loud (off the phone): YOU JUST CANNOT FIX STUPID *sigh*

No comments: