No chocolates... yet, and Easter is nearly over!
I've surprised myself how good I have been, if you can see me now I have a big toothy grin plastered across my face - no chocolates for nearly 10 days! I almost feel like a new person...
But of course, temptation is merely sitting right on my desk, metres from where I sleep, there's a few choccie eggs waiting, just sitting there teasing me, tempting me to eat them. What to do? Can I hold out until the weekend? I think I shall try to continue to resist!
Moving away from chocolate, this is what I had for dinner last night. A very pretty looking seafood risotto. It certainly looked tasty, and it cost like it should be tasty......
but reality was, it failed to excite my rather easily excitable palate - and I don't ask for much, I'm very easily satisfied, so surely it can't be that difficult to make food look good, taste great but doesn't cost the earth. Sadly, this dish really only satisfied one of those criteria....
Mind you, it wasn't terrible, I still ate everything, I just didn't end up licking the plate, it just was not memorable. The seafood risotto I had in Collingwood last year was one fine (and I mean lip-smackingly good) dish and to this day I am still reminiscing. By far, one of the best risottos I've ever had the joy to devour. Pity I don't remember the name of the restaurant....
After our feast, we decided to leave the restaurant to go somewhere more affordable and came across some gorgeous-looking lemon meringue tarts - heheh, a couple of tarts for a couple of tarts :Þ
No photos of the tarts, we were a little bit hasty in eating them. Erm, tarts of the lemon meringue variety that is, but no photos of us tarts either and trust me, they were absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! (and so were the lemon meringue variety ;)
Righto, that's enough about food... I think I've put on a few more kilos just thinking about eating :(
Oh, and sorry for calling you a tart, dear :)
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That honestly is the greatest blog I've ever seen, ever! My life had no meaning until now, thanks.
Why thank you! My purpose in life was always to give meaning to your life, Mr. Sarcastic. Let me know if there's anything more I can do for you... because I need to find a new purpose now that the first one has been fulfilled :Þ
Post a Comment