Saturday, March 22, 2008

A bit of this and a bit of that

Well, it's been a rather slow few weeks since my lost post. Things that have happened:

I started my spanish classes, and so far so good. Turns out, I remember a whole lot more from the last time I learnt spanish than I give myself credit for! (ah, be, ce, che, de, e, efe, heh, acheh, ee, hota)

I caught up with some of my girlfriends from high school and had a great time chatting and just getting to know them again and remembering how we used to be. Yup, it was quite nice to do that. Really don't know why we don't do it more often. Even though two of them are getting married at the end of this year and so most of the talk centred around getting married, weddings, buying houses, having kids etc... *sigh* I'm just not ready for that kind of conversation yet.

Work is going fine, not very exciting stuff but pleasant enough. There is a lot of work to do, and each morning I have a stack of work piled onto my desk waiting for me... but typical efficient me, I go through it much faster than people expect me to and so by the afternoon, I really don't have much else to do other than wait... and wait... and wait.... either for more work or for home time. I really miss MSN.

I think the people there truly believe that the work that they do is really difficult whereas in actual fact, it's not difficult at all, there just so happens to be A LOT of it do.... I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised I've "picked it up so quickly" - I mean COME ON PEOPLE, it's not brain surgery or rocket science, and any old monkey can do the job. (okies, nuff gripes, the work is pleasant, it really is!)

Oh, one of my friends asked me to be her bride's maid! ME! A bride's maid! THE bride's maid, she's only having one. It took me by surprise, I honestly didn't expect it at all. Shocked and surprised but happily surprised. I'm not exactly sure what I need to do.... but oh well, gotta do something new and try something different :)

And one of my other friends tried to set me up with one of her single male friends. Umm... right.... ok.... hmm, how do I get outta this? umm... can't make it, sorry, have something to do... like, umm... yeah, I gotta stay home and watch tv? :Þ heheh, such lies....

Truth is, I'm just not quite ready for it yet.

I have a lot of "fixing" to do right now, and a lot of 'things' to work through and sort out in my head first.

Well, that's that. It's Easter and I have yet to eat any chocolates let alone chocolate eggs. I'm pretty proud of myself so far but I think I will succumb by Monday. We'll see...

Happy Easter peeps.

No comments: