Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Life's randomness

I'm a little bit happy this week.

I got not one but TWO beautiful little masks for $3.50 each!
What are the masks for you ask? Well, work's Christmas party theme this year is Venetian Masquerade Ball, so we're all encouraged to wear masks :)

The ones they were selling at work cost anything from $20 onwards... just too pricey for something I'll only wear once. So I bought 2 for $7....

But, buying some masks is not enough to make me a little bit happy, I also got a free pair of shoes from work today. Yup, funny story that...

We were going through the cupboards looking for Christmas decorations when we came across a pair of stilettos that apparently nobody owned but were still relatively new, even looked like they were never worn before. And because my feet were the only ones to fit into it, I got to take it home. Woo hoo! Free shoes, bring it on!

I felt like Cinderella, only my feet fit into them :)
Except, it wasn't my Prince Charming who fitted them onto my feet.... *sigh* oh well, still waiting.

And the 3rd thing to make me so little bit happy this week is that not one but 2 people have made a comment about me losing weight. That's always nice :)

To be perfectly honest, I haven't actually lost any "weight" as such, I still weigh the same as I have for the longest time that I can remember, but I have lost a fair bit of fat, and now my clothes are starting to hang off me. I didn't realise I had put on so much "fat" until people start to notice that you look thinner... still a little way to go to tone up a bit more, but at least I know I'm well and truly on the right track now.

I have a learnt a valuable lesson, being miserable apparently is good for weight loss.

Must try to avoid happiness until I reach my goals.

No comments: