It's been quite a long, arduous 3 weeks of high high ups and low low downs for me.
Lots of laughter and genuinely happy moments but also too many moments filled with tears and awful memories. So much drama for 3 weeks...
I think that's all I can take for now without being on any kind of medication...
Anyways, due to the passing of my grandmother so close to my birthday, I wasn't really able to, nor was I in the mood to celebrate the special day so delayed celebrations with some of my friends followed a week afterwards. Starting with a big catch up with my recent travel buddy, we hadn't really spoken much since we got back and there were heaps to catch up on. To be expected there were lots of laughing to be had, plus a few tearied stories as well and I feel thankful to have a friend like her to listen to my stupidity-ness.
So after a few drinks, got home late-ish, had to wake up the next day early-ish to meet up with some high school chums for lunch and catch up and meeting fiances and wedding talk and the usual gimmick... it's always great to see my girls, makes me reminisce about the fun, carefree days we used to have, none of the complicated situations we find in our lives these days. So lunch was fun, even though none of the boys actually turned up (for various valid reasons) so we didn't get to meet the fiances/ husband/ partners etc...
After lunch I had to race home to get changed for I was being taken out to a fancy-pants restaurant for my birthday bash. Oh Christopher, you know me too well! Just to top it all off, to put a high on a pretty low week, I was taken out to Rockpool for a heaven on earth meal. It was a super-dooper expensive meal but worth every single penny that Christopher paid.
The dessert was so good it almost made me cry and if I had remembered to bring my camera with me (as I have been to nearly everywhere I've been lately) I would love to show you my glorious Strawberry salad with Rose granita and Vanilla pannacotta in a tall martini glass. G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S!
It was so good that I asked to keep the dessert menu and they kindly let me! :)
Chris' food was awesome as well, just perfect, so perfect. Great service, great atmosphere, awesome food. Loved it.
Why can't it be my birthday every single day?? When will the clouds in this life disappear and when my rainbow will appear?
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment