Friday, June 19, 2009

I am.... late....

eerrrrmmmmmm hmmm where shall I begin???

*sigh*

I have been kept busy in the last 6 weeks and although with the bestest of intentions, I have begun so many different drafts of various posts and never quite got around to finishing them off. Bad me. I know.

I must be disappointing my huge readership of 3.87 humans and 2 dogs (that's right, my dogs are literate in English as well as Dog).

It seems so very pointless to post them now because my terrible writing is largely stemmed from fast-fleeting emotions and memories, it becomes very difficult to go back and revisit those feelings I had when I first began writing those drafts. I hate that.

I hate that I have begun something that I can't complete, it makes me feel like I have failed.

I don't like failing.

So, to allay those feelings of failure I will make a compilation post. Oh what a wonderful brilliant mind I possess!
(yes, yes, you are quite the remarkable chicky-babe)

So, what's been the buzz the last few weeks in this little corner?

  1. New job, new phone, new friends
  2. Love love luuuuurve my new job!
  3. Love love luuuuurve my new phone, but don't call me, I'll call you. It's all on the company anyway (kekekekeke)
  4. I really really miss my Nokia
  5. My new friends are alcoholics. My new friends are generous alcoholics.
  6. My new friends are fun. They're funny. Funny drunks. Yes, they are a bunch of generous funny drunks.
  7. I attended a brainwashing seminar and it reinforced my theory of... (now, everybody sing out loud with me) "You Can't Fix Stupid!"

The one key thing I took away from that brainwashing was this comprehensive list of people who bore me....

  • Stupid people
  • Anally-retentive and pedantic people
  • Bossy people
  • Greedy people
  • Selfish people
  • Dull people
  • Slow people
  • Arrogant smartarses (who really are stupid people in disguise)
  • Narrow-minded people
  • Mean people
  • Cruel people
  • People who judge others by their looks
  • People who judge themselves by their looks
  • People who think they are better than others
  • People who think themselves as beautiful and thus better than others
  • People who mock the less fortunate

I guess in essence, most people bore me, but that's been no big secret. It's just that this was the first time that I had time to sit down and list them all like this.

Oh, I also learnt some useful brainwashing, I mean, "marketing" strategies as well....

Continuing on...

8. I was counting to myself one day on the way home from work. I have had 5 jobs in less than 10 years. Mmmm.... commitment-issues perhaps?

9. I wrote something I titled "easy" - where I only make sense to myself and that will be one draft I think I'll have to find time to finish to make any sense of it. (updated!)

10. No more complaining about boring work. I'm certainly gonna be kept busy on my little tootsies. Fortunately, I have an awesome new boss.

11. Speaking of tootsies, I must go shoe-shopping. I so totally deserve new shoes!

12. My sleeping patterns are slowly returning to some sort of routine. I no longer sleep at 4am and wake up whenever. Well, not every night anyway... :)

13. I miss my dates with Georgie and Manu... actually, I still see Georgie but it's just not quite the same.

14. I have laughed a lot recently. I feel great. I feel so good I think I even look better. I've even put on weight but I think that might be the influence of the alcoholics.

15. I have to find time to visit the gym regularly again or Trevor might forget who I am...

So there ya go, my life in a flash. It only took me 2 years to get here and there's still a long long road ahead but at least it doesn't look quite so hard anymore.

In the meantime, I gots an exciting trip to Japan to plan for. No wait, I still got a Sydney trip and then back to Tassie for a bit and THEN Japan. Woo hoo!

No comments: