Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fly by Time

Purely by accident (and truly, honestly, by God's oath, it really was an accident), I realised that exactly 12 months ago yesterday was one fine memorable day that blipped my life for a little bit. The person I was 6 months ago would've mulled this over and over and over again. And 6 months ago I did mull over it again and again and again, so many times that it almost did my head in, but the person I am now has forgotten about it and only re-discovered this memory by chance when pouring over beautiful memories (ie, memories = photos to decorate my office at work)

I was a little bit "meh" about it at first because often, circumstances play funny things in my life. These things are completely out of my control and I have developed a huge dislike of being out of control. I had tried so desperately (and rather successfully) to purge the past but I keep getting brought back there. So now, rather than letting it consume me, I just let it slide.

I am quite "meh" because if it's meant to be a part of me then I can't do anything about it. I am in a good place and I'm not going to let it spoil it for me. I only write about it now because it amused me how differently my brain currently works... 22 June.... just another day on the calendar now :)

Funny how some things work out fine when you really really want it to, but other times it just seems so difficult.

Besides, I have discovered new ways of stalking and it's giving me unrivalled thrills ;)

Watch out for it, my next story!

No comments: