Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Maha Middle Eastern delights with my chum

Considering my "situation" at the moment, spending $35 on one lunch is probably the last thing I should be doing, especially as I will also be out for lunch tomorrow as well, and considering I was out for lunches most of last week.... that's a lot of money spent on lunches.

Here's a lesson to learn, keep in touch with your friends regularly rather than always doing these "let's-catch-up-I-haven't-seen-you-in-ages" lunches *sigh* I didn't realise there were so many people I actually liked out there, where did they all sprout from? I'm going broke (and fat) just catching up with all of you :p

Anyways, I digress.. so I had another lunch date before I piss off to Tassie next week, (going to Tassie is probably not gonna help my financial situation but oh well). I had to make the most of the wonderful Melbourne Food and Wine Festival this week and we all know how much I enjoy food (and the occasional vino...)

And here's what I got for my $35 bucks at Maha

(Entree)


They called this dish "26 hour pork belly, apple, walnut tabbouleh with honey feta foam" I call this dish YUMMMMMMMMM
That foamy thing was interesting and if I could've licked the plate without embarrassing my dear friend I would have


(Main)


And this one they called "Tuna with harissa warra inhib with grape dressing and rice foam" but I would call it OMG THIS IS INCREDIBLE AND DELICIOUS
Not really sure why I got 2 dishes with foam while my dining partner didn't get any foam at all but I say bring on the foam cos I like!

No sweets this time (*gasp!* I know, I can't believe we both opted out of sweets this time) but we did get wine and this is a piccy of my empty glass of pinot gris next to a stunning bottle of lemony water to wash our hands with





Chit chat, good food, good wine, good company, good weather, can't ask for much more than that! Lunch tomorrow has a lot to live upto after Maha.

And after all this, I finally concede that yes, I enjoy food, but I really can't be bothered writing about it simply because there are so many talented passionate foodies out there who do a far better job but I will continue to photograph my food and tell people how much I love it, or not. I'll stick to what I know best - useless ramblings.

No comments: