Sunday, February 08, 2009

Superhero - Part 2



LOOK!
Look at this gorgeous little face!
Who is this little cutie?
Well, I called her Moo Moo until we found out her name was actually Jessie.
So from then on, she became known as little Miss Jessie Moo Moo.

How did I come to meet Miss Jessie Moo Moo?
No, she's not my new dog, I already have 2, and that is more than enough (especially Sooty, she's definitely more than a handful).

Funny story, we were on our way back from the gym when this skinny little dog bolted onto the road, right in front of our car, I almost had a heart attack thinking I would see this little dog get run over by a car, not exactly a great start to my Sunday morning...

So of course, I had to bring out my (somewhat) dusty superhero persona and save this little dog from being flattened by oncoming traffic. What is it with dogs bolting onto traffic right in front of me anyway? Luckily this time I had Lulu with me, because an hour's worth of cycling had drained me of any real energy to run after a frightened dog on a Sunday morning... we both kind of cornered it into someone's driveway and Lulu befriended it with her kind doggy talk.

She was a friendly little thing (Jessie, not Lulu... but Lulu is a friendly little thing too :)






She kind of stunk, but then again, I probably did too :)






Here she is playing with Taxi and Sooty in the back yard. I know I know I know, it's not a great shot, but you try taking a good shot of all 3 very excited dogs who just want to run around and play. It's not easy to get them all in the same frame, and less than easy trying to get a focussed shot.





Sleeping anywhere and everywhere





So buggered after a hard day's play

Look at those very bovine-like markings... Can you see why I called her Moo Moo?
She even kind of responded to being called Moo.

In the end, what happened to Miss Jessie Moo Moo?
Well, lucky for her she was wearing a council registration tag, so we called them up and found out the phone number of the owner and gave them a call. They came to pick her up later in the afternoon. So Miss Moo had an entire day playing around with Taxi and Sooty.

Turns out, some nasty person had broken into her home the night before and, perhaps accidentally, let her out. She had been out on the streets all night, and with the storms coming through last night, she must've been so frightened on her own. Poor thing.

I'm just glad that we found her safe and sound, and was able to return her back to her very worried owners. That was good deed done for this week.

What a feel good day.
In fact, I felt so good, I went shopping and bought myself a very pwetty little dress (with somebody else's money of course, cos I haz to save money for when I become unemployed :)

Now I have doubled my feel good factor for the week.

No comments: