Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Natural Highs

I'm aiming to get to at least 100.

I believe there must be at least 100 things in this world that makes me happy to be the person that I am, so here goes, somebody started this off for me - the beginning of a list of my natural highs:


1. Being in love.

2. Laughing so hard my face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No queues at the supermarket, or anywhere for that matter.

5. Taking a drive down a pretty road.

6. Hearing my favourite song on the radio.

7. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

8. Cuddling my dog when she's just fresh out of the bath.

9. Hot Chocolate from KoKo Black... (or Brunetti's)

10. A bubble bath.

11. Giggling.

12. A good conversation.

13. Finding a $50 note in my coat from last winter.

14. Running through sprinklers (before the water restrictions of course! back in the day when I was only so high).

15. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

16. Having someone tell me that I'm beautiful. (*ahem ahem, hint hint*)

17. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about me.

18. Singing badly and really out of tune with made up lyrics to my favourite songs playing on the radio just to get a laugh out of my partner.

19. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

20. Having someone play with my hair.

21. Sweet dreams.

22. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

23. Holding hands with someone I care about.

24. Running into an old friend and realising that some things (good or bad) never change.

25. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from me.

26. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

27. Knowing that somebody misses me.

28. Getting a hug from someone I care about deeply.

29. Knowing I've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

30. Watching my dog, the most adorable, clumsiest, lovable creature in the world, who loves everybody unconditionally, just being herself and being loved and spoilt by everybody.

31. No traffic on the road.

32. Finding a spot to park immediately without having to drive around for hours.

33. Cheese.

34. Cooking and enjoying a beautiful meal with amazing friends.

35. Knowing that my friends still love me even when I do or say something stupid.

36. Doing something out of the ordinary that I've never done before (ie, sky-diving)



To be continued....

No comments: