I'm so excited!! There is only a few more days before I hop, skip and fly all the way to Lyon!
It's gonna be cold, but I'll deal with it - I think I've packed enough warm clothes... on second thought, a few more probably won't hurt....
I have been on leave for a few days already, why? I hear some people ask.... well, just because I can and because I feel better doing nothing at home than nothing at work. I haven't really been doing nothing though. I have been wildly tidying up at home, tidying up my room, my sister's room, the living room, the kitchen.... but it's not working. No matter how I try, my parents are just plain messy people! They just cannot grasp the concept of how to use shelving or cupboards or drawers. Items that have been taken out from somewhere must be left in full public view or the item automatically becomes a useless item. If it's not seen, it's not gonna be used, and if it's not gonna be used, then it's totally useless. It's a lost cause, I should just give up....
Good news is, I've finally pinned dad down to doing some more work on the renovations. Yup! You read right, it's finally moving a little bit more forward. We got some painting done and we've installed the kitchen island. Dad's starting to install the light fittings and perhaps when Lulu and I come back, he may have the tiling done too! Pity I can't be around to choose the tiles.... here's hoping that it'll be somewhat tasteful *fingers crossed*
Umm, what else have I been upto? I've watched a few movies. Rocky Balboa - shite. Babel - pretty darn good. Pursuit of Happyness - well, not sure yet, I'll tell you when I actually get it working on me laptop.
And I'm pretty much packed, I'm that excited... but knowing me, I'll probably be unpacking and re-packing it again just to be sure, to be sure.
I thought taking a few days off early I could have spent a few extra days with Chris, since he starts work on Monday so won't be able to see me off at the airport, but things don't work out the way I always want it to. I don't know why. If this was a perfect world, things should ALWAYS work out the way I want it to, but the Lord has other ideas.
No, haven't seen Chris for 2 days... he went to the cricket today, and since I find cricket as interesting as watching paint dry I didn't join him. And tomorrow morning I'll be meeting a friend for brunch, which will be nice as I haven't seen her for too many moons. So I guess I won't see my beloved until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest....
Right now, I'm just wasting time, watching tennis (Jelena Jankovic is serving for match point against Kim Clijsters, but Kimmy got back) and waiting for Veronica Mars to start - why oh why do they keep changing the time of this fantastic show?! I can't keep altering my bedtime just so I can stay up, how unreasonable of Channel 10 to expect me to do this! Once again, if this was a perfect world, my favourite TV shows will always be on at a time convenient for me to watch :)
Anyways, nuff whinging for one night. I think I should research how I'm gonna reach my hotel in Lyon from the airport now....
3 more days....
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment